Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2006 00:47:57 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Scott Johnston <johnston@vectaport.com>
Cc:        security-team@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: graphics/ivtools 1.2.1 marked forbidden

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

On 2006.02.07 07:38:02 -0800, Scott Johnston wrote:
> In July 2005 the ivtools 1.2.1 port was marked forbidden due to an =20
> internal copy of libtiff with security problems.
>=20
> On October 7th, 2005  I released ivtools-1.2.3 with support for an =20
> external libtiff (using a --with-tiff and --with-tiff-lib configure =20
> arguments).   I notified Simon L. Nielsen who had expressed an =20
> interest in updating the port.
>=20
> I'm just sending this reminder because I saw a posting about this =20
> topic on a freebsd.ports news group today.  I hope ivtools can remain =20
> available to the FreeBSD community.

I had forgotten about ivtools again - sorry about that.

Bill Fenner worked on updating the port some months ago.  He didn't
finish it but he just send me his work-in-progress which I have been
working in today, but unfortunately quite a lot of things seems to
blow up when building ivtools 1.2.3 on FreeBSD, so it probably be at
least a few days before I get it working (currently some parts doesn't
seem to link against libtiff for some reason).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--