Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:16:26 GMT
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD description in the UNIX FAQ

>> I ftped the UNIX FAQ today from rtfm.mit.edu and I found:
>>
>> --
>>       FreeBSD: 386bsd 0.1 with the patchkit applied, and many updated
>>                utilities.
>> --
>[.....]
>I believe it's being revised - the new entry will be
>
>  FreeBSD: Mostly 386bsd 0.1 with the patchkit applied, and many updated
>           utilities.
>--
>Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <brian@OpenBSD.org>

How about changing the emphasis, something like...

FreeBSD: Based on CSRG 4.4 Lite2 with updated utilities and improved
functionality. Partly derived from 386bsd and work contributed from other
diverse origins.

Okay it could probably be worded better, but isn't that more where it is now?

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>