Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:14:49 +0100
From:      Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow system freeze - data

--nextPart1302847.xynZdVfkve

Hello,

The freeze just happened again. I managed to get into the debugger and get=
=20
some info. Since I haven't been able to aqcuire the equipment for a=20
serial console connection yet, I've made pictures again. Unfortunately,=20
my system doesn't support wide console modes, so it's a tad annoying to=20
read.

  http://www.maxlor.com/log

Note that at this point, the system is not yet completely frozen. Creating=
=20
new processes no longer works, that can be observed by the hanging login=20
at the very top (I've left it like this for about 10 seconds). After the=20
debugging session, I switch back to the X11 session, and then found=20
myself unable to get back to ttyv0 (or any other tty for that matter),=20
and thus, unable to enter the debugger again.

The first app that froze as far as I could tell was xmms.

I hope you can gain some insight from this.

Greetings
Benjamin