Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 01:05:46 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        biff collins <biffcollins@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uninstall

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 17:23, biff collins wrote:
> Hi.  I have freebsd in my pc at home.  It is the only
> os I have on my machine.  How can I put windows on my machine?

Assuming that you just want to wipe the drive, and not dual-boot, I recommend

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad0c

let it go until it stops itself or a few seconds have gone by, and then inert
the Windows install disk and away you go.

Do NOT do this until you have made backups of any data you might want in the
future and verified that the backups are ok, and until you are sure that this
is what you want to do.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------