Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:39:06 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@tobuj.gank.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, imp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird PCI interrupt delivery problem

On Thursday 01 December 2005 08:31 pm, Craig Boston wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 01:42:18PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> > Yeah, odd, no $PIR.  You can get your cbb0 to work though using a tunab=
le
> > in the loader.  Something like:
> >
> > hw.pci9.1.INTA.irq=3D11
>
> That does fix cbb0.  With that line, the cardbus works in plain-old-PIC
> mode.

Also, try this hint with ACPI without APIC.  It looks like your BIOS doesn'=
t=20
include entries for the PCI9 bus in the PIC version of the _PRT (see no PRT=
=20
messages in ACPI dmesg) so cbb0 doesn't get an IRQ there either.  I'd be=20
interested in seeing your ASL to see what the _PRT for PCI9 looks like. =20
Looks like this BIOS has only been tested with ACPI + APIC. :(  It has no=20
$PIR, and the MP Table and non-APIC _PRT entries for the PCI9 bus are all=20
busted.

=2D-=20
John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> =A0<>< =A0http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve" =A0=3D =A0http://www.FreeBSD.org