Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2013 00:04:30 +0200
From:      mxb <mxb@alumni.chalmers.se>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <jdc@koitsu.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zpool export/import on failover - The pool metadata is corrupted

root@nfs2:/root # uname -a
FreeBSD nfs2 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #1: Tue May 21 21:42:21 CEST =
2013     root@nfs2:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
root@nfs2:/root #

On 6 jun 2013, at 21:33, Jeremy Chadwick <jdc@koitsu.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 09:24:34PM +0200, mxb wrote:
>>=20
>> Hello list,
>>=20
>> I have two-head ZFS setup with external disk enclosure over SAS =
expander.
>> This is a failover setup with CARP and devd triggering spool =
export/import.
>> One of two nodes is preferred master.
>>=20
>> Then master is rebooted, devd kicks in as of CARP becomes master and =
the second node picks up ZFS-disks from external enclosure.
>> Then master comes back, CARP becomes master, devd kicks in and pool =
gets exported from the second node and imported on the first one.
>>=20
>> However, I have experienced metadata corruption several times with =
this setup.
>> Note, that ZIL(mirrored) resides on external enclosure. Only L2ARC is =
both local and external - da1,da2, da13s2, da14s2