Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2018 22:34:08 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba satellite A75 S226 installer failure

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 13:46:15 -0600
Descending Nerdliness <hisdescendingnerdliness@rattleit.com> wrote:

> Does no one read this list any more?

Yes, people do. That does not imply that the readers always has something t=
o contribute to posts on this (or other mailing lists).

>=20
> I am trying to install 11.2 on this 32bit laptop. When I start it I get
> the booting notice and the screen changes. Of course, there is
> significant time between on this laptop.=A0 I see it access the flash
> drive, HD, flash drive, and then nothing. The screen stays dark.
>=20
> I feel it is a video problem, because if I press enter, it accesses the
> flash drive, and repeats this several times.

Feelings doesn't help - evidence does. What  tests can you try to figure ou=
t if your "feeling" is right or wrong?

> The laptop uses an Intel p4, 3.0 GHz CPU, and an AMD RS300M Mobility
> Radeon 9100 video interface.=A0 The RS300M appears to be the chipset.

It is a very old laptop then.

> Does anyone know if this can be made to work?

Well, have you tried any other releases? Older ones, like 11.1, 10.4 or eve=
n older?
Does any older release work on this laptop?

HTH
--=20
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>