Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2014 00:51:43 +0100
From:      Vassilis Laganakos <vassilis@einval.com>
To:        Henry Hu <henry.hu.sh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net-im/skype-[devel] won't connect

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

Hello Henry,

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 07:12:33PM -0400, Henry Hu wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Vassilis Laganakos <vassilis@einval.com>
> wrote:
>=20
> > Hi Artyom,
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 06:16:02PM +0300, Artyom Mirgorodskiy wrote:
> > > So I try again to run pulse audio and got the following error in sysl=
og:
> > > linux: pid 95238 (pacat): syscall ppoll not implemented
> > >
> > > Anybody can help how to implement this syscall on linuxulator?
> > >
> > Didn't get the chance to update the thread on the work on this (albeit =
for
> > -f20). I have an implementation for that syscall, as well for fstatfs64,
> > and
> > seems to be working. Just need to test it a bit more and I'll push it f=
or
> > formal review and more testing :)
> >
> > I did push the linux-f20-pulseaudio-libs and related packages in the git
> > repo for the -f20 libs the weekend.
> >
>=20
> Finally it works...

Great stuff! :)

> First, compile this to an .so and use LD_PRELOAD to load it:
>=20
> #include <string.h>
> #include <pthread.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <assert.h>
>=20
> typedef int pa_bool_t;
>=20
> typedef struct pa_mutex_t {
>     pthread_mutex_t mutex;
> } pa_mutex;
>=20
> char* pa_machine_id() {
>     char buf[256];
>     assert(gethostname(buf, sizeof(buf)) =3D=3D 0);
>     return strdup(buf);
> }
>=20
> pa_mutex* pa_mutex_new(pa_bool_t recursive, pa_bool_t inherit_priority) {
>     // we don't support inherit_priority for now
>     pa_mutex *m;
>     pthread_mutexattr_t attr;
>=20
>     assert(pthread_mutexattr_init(&attr) =3D=3D 0);
>=20
>     if (recursive)
>         assert(pthread_mutexattr_settype(&attr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE) =
=3D=3D 0);
>=20
>     m =3D malloc(sizeof(pa_mutex));
>=20
>     assert(pthread_mutex_init(&m->mutex, &attr) =3D=3D 0);
>=20
>     return m;
> }
>=20
> This solves the connection problem with pulse audio, but you still can't
> make calls or send messages. You need the experimental epoll patch from
> http://lev.vlakno.cz/~rdivacky/patches/linux_epoll.patch for the epoll
> syscall.

Sending messages works fine with the lemul branch (contains the epoll stuff,
among others), using the -f20 ports. Are you using -f10?

> You may also need to disable shared memory at the server side of
> pulse audio by changing /usr/local/etc/pulse/daemon.conf.
>=20
I just had to disable that from the linux client side of pulse audio, in
/compat/linux/etc/pulse/client.conf and didn't touch the server side. - I
have it as a patch in the port:
(https://github.com/vassilisl/freebsd-linux_base-f20/tree/master/audio/linu=
x-f20-pulseaudio-libs)

> Then it works. Sound input / sound output / webcam all ok.
>=20
Excellent!

> The main problems:
> 1. pa_machine_id returns dbus' machine id, where on freebsd it should
> return the machine's name.
If you enter the machine's name in /compat/linux/etc/mahine-id (IIRC), that
works around that problem as well - but it is a hack :)

> 2. priority inherited mutexes are not supported by the linux emulation
> layer yet
> 3. epoll is not implemented
>=20
3 is present in lemul, and 2 are being added as well.

Cheers,
Vassilis

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--