Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:26:27 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        John Prince <johnp@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        chrisp@belgacom.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA Atapi Cdrom Problems

Ok time for me to butt in.

I had to remove my Sony CDRW drive as secondary master to install 4.6 this
weekend.  My secondary slave (as secondary master after the Sony was
removed) worked fine.  I will send specifics if wanted when I get home and
have access to the machine.

FWIW I had the same problem on the same machine with 4.5 many months ago.

4.5 and 4.6 complained in the same way "BIG" some thing or other command
timeout, resetting, etc., etc.

 - Michael Hogsett