Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:41:16 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Jaeckel Joachim <Joachim.Jaeckel@mgi.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: something like video4linux the 2. (some thoughts...)

You are wrong.

For instance, our low level video api is the bt848 ioctl and I provided
backwards compatibility with matrox meteor driver which uses an
entirely different chipset.

What you want is more  video capture device drivers for different video
capture boards using the bt848 ioctl interface which is sufficiently general
to accomodate most video capture programs.

	Regards

--
 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com