Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:37:20 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Brad Chapman <chapmanb@arches.uga.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Corba with pre-alpha JDK1.2.2

Hi Brad,

>     I was trying to test a program that uses the 1.2 internal orb and
> have been having problems, so I went back to the easiest case I could
> think of, the hello client-server example in the sun tutorials
> (http://web2.java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/idl/hello/index.html).
> The server starts up without a problem but when I try to run the
> client I am getting the following:

[Error messages snipped]

>     This is my first experience with the java 1.2 ORB implementation,
> so I could be doing something stupid, but this is all with unmodified
> example code, so I hope not :-)
>     Has anyone else tried out the corba stuff and had any luck? Can
> anyone offer any suggestions for how to look into the problem further?
> Thanks much!

Can you please try the test case with the Blackdown 1.2.2RC4 JDK running
under Linux emulation and verify that it works?  If you want to look further
than that, you could start looking through the source code and seeing if
you can work out exactly what is going wrong :).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083