Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 13:06:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        ian@majesticnet.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch file question

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 ian@majesticnet.com wrote:

> Where should patch files be generated from?  The './work' directory or
> './work/asdf-5.2'?  Just asking because the patches for ldap are a
> combination of the two.  Patchfile patch-ag needs to be applied from
> './work' and the others from './work/ldap-3.3'.

The patches are always applied relative to WRKSRC, which is by default
WRKDIR/DISTNAME.  You can, of course, play with this, like I did myself
with lang/moscow_ml, if you'd like to see an example.  In that case, the
Makefile that needed to get executed wasn't in the main subdirectory,
but instead hidden in a "src" subdirectory.  The build target cd's to
the WRKSRC directory to execute the 'make ALL_TARGET', so I changed the
WRKSRC to add the /src component, and that meant that my patches had to
be relative to the src subdirectory, instead of the normal "mosml"
directory that the tar file unpacked into.

Ask again if this isn't clear, and take a look at the example I gave.

> Ian

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).