Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:38:00 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: calcru issues

On Mar. 7, 2004,
    "da Kangawallafox" <ninja@kangawallafox.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Does anybody know how I can stop constant calcru:negative time of XXXX
>usec for pidxxx.  I have just recently installed freebsd on an old amdk6
>533mhz ibm computer.  I am not running x-windows and have tried to run
>sysctl kern.timecounter.method=1 as suggested on a number of web pages but
>that returns an error of unknown oid 'kern.timecounter.method'.  I am
>running 5.2.1 release but this problem also exists with earlier releases
>of freebsd.  Any help would be appreciated as I am very new to freebsd and
>wanting to learn more about it.
>
>Cheers
>Shaun

You probably want to write freebsd-questions with this. Even if
I had a solid answer to this, I couldn't write it here. (Technical
support must go through freebsd-questions.)

man microtime(9) is worth reading, if you haven't already.

One other thing you should include in your mail to questions is
what "earlier releases" you tried with.

Hope you get it working,
Clayton

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar – includes FREE pop-up blocking!