Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 19:51:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed0 not found on 2.0.5A install floppies

I finally managed to find some time to try an install of 2.0.5A.
Unfortunately, the install disks seem to be unable to find my
ethernet cards. They are both NE2000 clones and WD8013 clones,
caonfigured at IO 0x280, int 5. They worked perfectly with the install
code in the feb. snapshot.

The default kernel simply says "not found", and even trying "-c"
and giving different values to int, iomem (tried 0, -1, etc.) the
probe always returns 0.

Is this a known bugs ? After a full week of exams, I didn't have time
to check the 700+ email messages that accumulated in my mailbox!

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522