Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:34:26 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Annoying SCSI waiting...

Can't we just reduce the annoying:

  Waiting 15 second for SCSI devices to settle

to something shorter like 5 seconds in GENERIC?  I know perfectly well where it
came from but these days not many of those slow disks are still around.

It really annoys the hell out of me waiting the 15 seconds for nothing each time
I boot the GENERIC kernel for testing.  Sure I can change that in the kernel
config but then it's modified.  Any why take 15 seconds of everyone if only a
very few actually need it (those with stone-age disk drives)?

--
Andre