Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 21:28:23 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Toby Hutton <toby@hutton.org>
Cc:        david@metalogik.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a Dell Inspiron 8000

In message <15119.45460.408809.444811@kevin.vic.bigpond.net.au> Toby Hutton writes:
: The problem with getting pcmcia cards is the controller in the I8K
: doesn't agree with polling mode.  Reconfigure your kernel assigning an
: IRQ (I use 10) to pcic0 instead of IRQ 0.

BTW, I know what is going on with the cards that don't agree with
polling mode.  Basically, they generate an unfielded PCI interrupt.
Since these are level triggered, you have an interrupt storm.  I'm
working on seeing if I can fix this problem...

Warner