Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:37:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@i-clue.de>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RC4 report [succes]

--0-84106323-1000168677=:30426

Good new, I was able to reproduce this with IPv6 turned on.  I think these
patches should fix the problem.  You will still get a realloc warning if
you don't have an atalkd.conf file.  This is because atalkd keeps an extra
NULL entry at the tail of its kernel-obtained list of interfaces.  This
warning can be ignored.

I think the problem had to do with an incomplete rtmptab structure on
certain interfaces.  Thsi was causing the seg fault because the
rt_firstnet member of the rtmptab struct didn't exist.  Please let me know
if these patches work for you.

Oh, and if you're going to run netatalk with multiple interfaces (i.e.
multiple ethernet interfaces), you should always configure an atalkd.conf
before hand.

Joe

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Christoph Sold wrote:

> Joe Clarke wrote:
>
> >Thanks, I'll let you know if I find something.
> >
> >Joe

> >>During boot, atalkd dies, dumping core:
> >>
> >># dmesg
> >>da1: 34732MB (71132959 512 byte  sectors: 255H 63S/T 4427C)
> >>pid 277 (atalkd), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> >>
> >>subsequently,
> >>
> >>Sep  9 15:00:56 potzblix afpd[281]: main: atp_open: Can't assign
> >>requested address
> >>
> >>Anyhow, /usr/local/sbin/afpd is still running.
> >>
> >>The resulting core is mailed to you along with all the gory details
> >>separately.
> >>
> After deleting all the cruft and re-installing netatalk-1.5p7_1 from the
> ports, the problem persists:
>
> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/netatalk start
>  netatalkdatalkd in realloc(): warning: chunk is already free.
> atalkd in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
> Segmentation fault - core dumped.
>
> HTH
> -Christoph Sold

--0-84106323-1000168677=:30426
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--0-84106323-1000168677=:30426
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--0-84106323-1000168677=:30426--