Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:50:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Timothy Bery Fitz <fitzboy@uclink2.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question

Check the printer configuration. If it is set to do a form feed at the end
of the job and you have ":tr=\f:" in /etc/printcap, it's doing what you
told it. You only need one or the other. OTOH, if this is quasiPostScript
coming from a Micros**t product, the ^D at the end of their files may
force you to either write a filter or live with it.

-- Jay