Date:      Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:53:26 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Bill Kirkland <bill.kirkland@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bluetooth headset

Bill,

> The *only* purpose of my current script is to duplicat and document my
> results.=20

ahh, ok.

>  Right now, I am only attempting to ensure I have communication with the
> headset, which I believe I now have, though am unsure why the remote name
> request is not working now. I simply stumbled upon the remote name, and
> choose to use that for my confirmation.

like i said it would be nice if you could send hci dump. please=20

1) install comms/hcidump from the freebsd ports collection

2) run (as root) "hcidump -w dump". note: this will block.

3) run your test script (in another window/terminal)

4) interrupt hcidump with ^c and send me the "dump" file

>  I now need to add some audio of some sort either direction (play or
> record), then then both directions (play and record).

unfortunatelly this will not work. support for bluetooth sco link is
not committed yet (it is still in development/testing phase). you need
support for bluetooth sco links in order to transfer voice data.

>  Eventually, I plan to use a series of scripts to implement a VoIP phone.
> =20
>  Do you know where I can find appropriate and detailed documentation? I o=
nly
> have the man pages right now and that appears minimal at best. For exampl=
e,
> the man pages do not include information concerning the additional option=
> to the remote name query.

well, it was too much to put into one man page. use=20

% hccontrol help <command>

to learn more about specific command. list of commands available in
hccontrol(8) man page. for general information please refer to=20
bluetooth chapter in the freebsd handbook.

>  Sorry, I'm old school ... (protect your email from systems which strip t=
he
> 8th bit) ... I have attached the binary version to this email.

binary version of what? output of your test script? i can read it just
fine. what i asked for is hci dump.

thanks,
max