Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:05:40 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Tony Rimovsky <tony@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinkpad T20 rejects FreeBSD  Was: FreeBSD 4.1 on IBM Thinkpad T20

At 8:37 AM -0500 10/9/00, Tony Rimovsky wrote:
>Do you have any insight as to why the T20's can run FreeBSD at RPI?
>We have two of them and have tried just about every combination of
>BIOSs and installations we can think of and still can't get the
>laptop to get past the drive check if the drive has a freebsd
>partition anywhere on it.

Our current theory is that we luck out because we have a dual-boot
with Win98 situation.  One of our professors wanted WinNT on their
T20, and last I heard we couldn't get that to work.  It seems to
be the same problem that others are reporting, but we haven't had
time to really try to pin it down.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute