Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 23:27:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      stephane@freebsd-fr.org
To:        "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, stephane@freebsd-fr.org
Subject:   Re: Magazine ads

Robert A. Bruce writes:
 > We are thinking of expanding the number of magazines
 > that we advertise FreeBSD in.  Right now we are doing
 > SysAdmin, DrDobbs, LinuxJournal, and LinuxMagazine.
 >
 > What other magazines are likely to be read by a lot of
 > prospective FreeBSD users?  What tech magazines do you
 > read?

Does it have to be only US magazines ? If not, there are some
interesting magazines in France :

- "Le Monde Informatique" (http://www.lmi.fr/) : read by computer
professionals. Two very flattering (and unfortunately also very
little) articles about FreeBSD have already been published in this
review :

     http://www.lmi.fr/src/lmi/article/articleL.nsf/29218274bd4ff0ecc125677600303b39/2e1368bd83aa99b1c125687a0052b7fe?OpenDocument

     http://www.lmi.fr/c12565ef002d29ae/996ef68a9fd10db3c125669e00311b6a/d1e004841bd6acf0c125673800518e6a?OpenDocument

- "Login:" (http://www.posse-press.com/login/) : less professional but
devoted to "parallel" operating systems (Linux, BeOS, RiscOS...). They
already have published a long article about *BSD systems with FreeBSD
3.1 on the cd-rom included with the review.

- "Programmez!" : devoted to programming. There are several articles
about Linux and open-source languages in each issue. They already have
distributed OpenBSD, FreeBSD and PicoBSD on the cd-rom included with
the review and they have published a short interview with David
Greenman.

Stephane Legrand.

--
Stephane.Legrand@bigfoot.com