Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:23:23 +0200
From:      Raimo Niskanen <raimo+freebsd@erix.ericsson.se>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can I use FreeBSD as a desktop system?

:
> FreeBSD has a big advantage compared with NetBSD and OpenBSD:
> 3 month long supporting binary packages,
> where you get only security and bug fix (quarterly branch).

Sorry to feed the OP troll, but I have to correct/expand on that:  If you use
OpenBSD and (free) openup from M:Tier <https://stable.mtier.org>; you get max
1 year (preferably 6 months then upgrade to the next release) of binary security
patched base system and packages for the latest and previous releases.