Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:56:02 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        msmith@freebsd.org
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3CXFE575BT Megahertz xjack cardbus adapter

> The Mobility-P support in the XFree86 codebase is miserable, however.
> I'd strongly suggest that investing in a copy of Xig's Laptop X will make
> you a happy camper; it's a crime to have such a nice display perform so
> poorly.  (not that Xig's server is without its own problems, but it works
> OK and performs well).

I tried the Xig demo. It looked very nice. Some things I wondered about
though:

- It didn't have a specific entry for the Inspiron 5000 (it had entries
for the 7500 and some others). I used the 7500 entry.

- I only got what appeared to be 1024x768 - with a large black band around
the whole screen. This may have been on purpose because of the demo, I
have no way of knowing.

If I knew for sure that Xig would work in 1400x1050 (and 24 or 32 bit),
I certainly would consider it.