Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:03:10 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Richard Samuel <rsamuel@asri.org.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: openfoam-1.4.1_1

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

Le Mer  7 jan 09 =E0  8:50:57 +0100, Richard Samuel <rsamuel@asri.org.au>
 =E9crivait=A0:
> Dear Thierry and Ports crew,

Hello Richard,

> I have constructed (some might say cobbled together) a port of Paraview 3=
.4
> and OpenFOAM 1.5.1. They appear to work ok but as I am only just meshing =
up
> my first test case, much remains to be seen. They are also not fully
> featured - so far I have only implemented the features I am likely to use=
 in
> the near future or that I am able to test, so Paraview has no PYTHON
> support, and features Takuya Ashima's native parallel reader but parallel
> operation is not enabled, and some other fringe things. Also OpenFOAM is =
not
> so much of a port, as it is a patched version of the latest git sources.
> Neither port is very elegant - in the case of Paraview I have probably
> broken multiple taboos, but as a first-time porter that should not be any
> surprise.

This is very interesting. I tried to upgrade OpenFoam to the latest 1.5
from the offcial tarball, but did'nt succeed: it seems that some files
(e.g. mgridgen.h are mising)!

I don't find 1.5.1 on their site; is it available only from git, or is
there a tarball available?

Best regards,
--=20
Th. Thomas.