Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 23:22:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        maral@webnet.com.au (Peter Marelas)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: su

Peter Marelas stands accused of saying:

> Im having a weird problem again..
>
> Basically, when I telnet from my freebsd box <ppp> to my freebsd box on
> the lan, and I try su - , it just stalls, whereas if i telnet from my
> freebsd box to the sparc station, and then to the freebsd box on the lan,
> and su - , its ok..

Root on the lan system is using tcsh, and your ppp-connected system isn't
in the DNS.

Fix one.

> Peter

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[