Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:34:17 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ps2pdf problem

Dear All,
I was wondering if you could give me little help with Ghostscript.
I am using powerdot package to create presentation slides.
For those unfamiliar with the package one needs to go through

.tex --> .dvi --> .ps --> .pdf

for graphics to display properly (pdflatex is not an option nor it is
dvipdfm)
Latex (actually TeXLive) and dvips do their job properly and I am getting
beautiful landscape slides (.ps).
However, when I pass the .ps file through the ghostcript with ps2pdf
slides gets trimmed.

Is there some more advanced option for ps2pdfwr which will enable
me to conserve the proper width  of  slides?

Giving the presentation in .ps format is not an option since interactive
links on slides are active only if the slides are in .pdf format.

GSview (Ghostscript) for Windows has capability to act as ps2pdf filter
and does the job correctly but  I am  stamped by the fact that GV nor gs
nor ghostview have similar capabilities. I read carefully man pages for
ps2pdf and ps2pdfwr but I am not getting anywhere.
I am sure that I am not the only one who is using LaTeX for presentations
(with the landscape layout). What are other people experiences with the
slides and the Ghostscript.

Best,
Predrag

P. S. I am aware of Beamer, Prosper, and ppower4. None of these classes
comes even close to the perfect layout, capability, and simplicity of
the Powerdot class so I really want to resolve the problem.