Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:43:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Cc:        mi@corbulon.video-collage.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeze with the CardBus NIC 3CCFE575BT

In message: <20020910092916.J2914-100000@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
            Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET> writes:
: On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
:
: > Regardless of whether the xl driver is linked into the kernel or
: > loaded as a module, the machine freezes shortly after ifconfig-ing
: > the card. Sunday's -current. Complete freeeze -- can not go into
: > debugger...
: >
: > More information available upon request...
: >
: > 	-mi
:
: 	This is interesting.  I have the CardBus 3Com NIC 3CXFEM656C which
: is the type II card that takes one slot but a combo with 56k modem and the
: Megahertz XJack.  With Sunday's -current and the 08182002-JP SNAPSHOT, the
: card works fine under xl0 driver with the Dell Inspiron 8200 Notebook when
: I moved the HDD from the IBM ThinkPad 770Z.  On the 770Z however, as soon
: as I do the ifconfig, it'll xl0: watchdog timer all over and it will ping
: with latencies at 8000ms.  So not sure what the problem is.  Other cards
: which I have tried, the Siemens/Efficient Networks SpeedStream SS1012 and
: the SMC Networks SMC8036TX which seems to be identical cards physically as
: it has the same design and same label printing information layout seems to
: work fine on both machines.  The NetGear FA511 and the LinkSys PCM200 both
: don't work at all since FreeBSD can't detect the device id or something.

I have patches for the 200 v2 problem.  The watchdog timer means that
you have interrupt problems, almost certainly.  My 656C was working
with Sept 22's current.

Warner