Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:34:23 +0000
From:      Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
To:        Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>, "Christoph P.U. Kukulies" <kuku@kukulies.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: locate.updatedb SEARCHPATHS

On 24/02/2015 14:52, Matt Smith wrote:
> On Feb 24 15:35, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:
>> Where are searchpaths where /etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate normally
>> wired? I have some filesystems mounted which I want to include into
>> the search.
>>

> Take a look at /etc/locate.rc. Specifically the SEARCHPATHS variable.
> It's normally just set to / though.

I'd guess it's probably FILESYSTEMS the OP wants rather than
SEARCHPATHS, because '/' should cover everything local. The default
FILESYSTEMS excludes loopback, network and synthetic file systems.
Excluding network file systems means that NFS mounted directories will
not be searched (and presumably MS shares will be skipped as well).

Setting

FILESYSTEMS="ufs zfs nfs"

will index NFS mounted files as well as local [uz]fs ones. Adjust
depending on what kind of mounts you've got.

--
Those who do not learn from computing history are doomed to
GOTO 1