Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:14:53 -0400
From:      "Lisa Casey" <lisa@jellico.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT: procmail/joe job question

Hi,

I know this is a FreeBSD group but a lot of you use procmail and I need
some help in a hurry if I can get it.

My domain evidently got "joe jobbed" yesterday, and my customers are getting
hundreds of MAILER-DAEMON type messages. Needless to say, they are not
happy.

I figured I could use procmail to temporarily discard MAILER-DAEMON messages
until whatever's going on stops. I don't know much about writing procmail
recipes, but I can google for them. I've tried a variety of things in
/etc/procmailrc, but none are working - MAILER-DAEMON messages are still
being delivered to mail boxes. This is what I've tried:

:0:
* ^FROM_MAILER
/dev/null

:0:
* ^from.*mailer.*daemon
/dev/null

:0:
* ^From:.*MAILER.*DAEMON
/dev/null

:0:
* ^TO_[-a-z0-9_]+\@mydomain
* ^From:.*MAILER-DAEMON
/dev/null

What am I doing wrong, and is there a better way than this to deal with the
back scatter fromn this joe job?

Thanks,

Lisa Casey