Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:04:31 -0400
From:      Michael Tackett <mtackett@erinet.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/tcsh - Imported sources

Annelise Anderson wrote:

> On 16 Apr 2000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>
> > David E. O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> >
> > >   Import the latest version of the 44BSD C-shell -- tcsh-6.09.
> >

> > >From a shell advocacy point of view, importing tcsh was the very
> > worst thing that could happen.
> >
> Agreed.  So take it out and put bash in instead, and make bash the
> default user shell.  It's the default user shell in ...yeah, linux,
> but also bsd/os 4.0.  And we like all BSDs, right?
>
>         Annelise

First, hi.  I'm new to the list.

Second, what's wrong with tcsh?  I use it, I like it.  I understand that
there are syntactical differences with the sh/ksh/bash and csh/tcsh that
cause a problem, but I'm willing to tolerate that.  One of the beauties
of open source/free unices is choice in my opinion, so why lock people
into one shell (or desktop or database or OS)?

Also, I believe csh is the default for BSD/OS.

Thanks,
Michael Tackett