Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:51:09 +0100
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Has the foretold fragmentation of Linux begun?

I think it's interesting that we have Red Hat, United Linux (with the
LSB stamp?), and now Sun rolling their own.

It seems that this was part of the plan all along of these big
corporations, and this could lead to the exact same kind of
fragmentation that brought down Unix in the first place.

Will the GPL help, hinder, or be irrelevant to prevent this?

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.