Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:19:38 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, ariff@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: massive snd_hda driver update to better conform UAA	specification

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> I have made major snd_hda driver rewrite. I will be grateful for
>> reviews and any positive or negative feedbacks.
>
> Have you already asked Ariff for a review? I've CCed him...

I have written to him several times but with no reply.

>> Here is my patches: http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/
>>
>> For 8-CURRENT use:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/hda.20080812.patch
>
> I can not do a technical about this stuff, but I noticed that you use
> comments to disable code. Please use "#if 0" instead of comments to
> disable code.

It's temporal. Mostly it's code parts which I haven't yet decided needed
they or not. I will cleanup this in final version. Now it is just a
first preview made to collect some initial feedbacks about codecs and
setups I am unable to test myself.

--
Alexander Motin