Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:10:48 +0100
From:      Bart Matthaei <bart@dreamflow.nl>
To:        Asep Ruspeni <asepruspeni@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: relaying mail from DHCP clients

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 03:06:12PM +0700, Asep Ruspeni wrote:
> my configurations :
>=20
> FreeBSD : mail server using sendmail
> Windows2000 : DHCP server
>=20
> need help :
> -my clients (which obtain IP from DHCP server) could'nt send mail using M=
UA
> outlook express.
> the comment was :
> relaying denied, IP lookup failed [IP generated by DHCP server]
>=20
> question :
> how do i setup my sendmail configuration so my clients could send mail fr=
om
> his/her MUA using smtp service in my freebsd box.
>=20
> thank you in advance.
> asep.
>=20

First of all, I think this is a bit off-topic. But ill try to answer
anyway.

After 2 min. of googling:

FEATURE(accept_unresolvable_domains).

Normally, sendmail will refuse to accept mail that has a return adress
with a domain that cannot be resolved using the regular host lookups.
(a technique commonly used by spammers).
This feature permits acceptance of such addresses.
Unresolvable domains can be selectively accepted using the access
database.

For more info: http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html

HTH

Regards,

Bart Matthaei
=20

--=20
Bart Matthaei                 bart@dreamflow.nl=20

Young Urban Professional      In short: YUP

"The whacky morning DJ says democracy's a joke"

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--