Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:45:42 -0500
From:      Raul Zighelboim <mango@staff.communique.net>
To:        "'Jordan K. Hubbard'" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Well, I guess it's about time I mentioned this little problem ...

> So the question is: What is it about the MTU size of the ethernet
> interface on box A which effects the ability of the gateway box G to
> pass traffic to box A?

	[Raul Zighelboim]  I have seen this exact porblem and similar
solution (reducing the MTU size) except that....

	- FreeeBSD server was acting as a proxy/socks server running
either fwtk or nec socks.
	- the ppp link was not on the FreeBSD (2.2.2-RELEASE and/or
2.1.5-RELEASE), but out of an Ascend pipeline 50.  The FreeBSD box had
two Etehrnet interfaces, 2 3C509 ISA cards on two isolated networks....

	I was able to load any page from the FreeBSD server.  But some
pages on the internal network would just not load.  an example of a
'problen page' was http://www.uscourts.gov.

	Just my 0.05cents on the subject...