Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:33:47 +0200
From:      Patrik Sundberg <ps@raditex.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   initialize mfs-filesystem

Hi,

I am trying to configure a freebsd box to avoid disc-writes. One thing I
would like to do in order to achieve this is to use a MFS filesystem for
things like /var. Now to the question:

Is there any way to initialize a MFS filesystem from a imagefile?
I would like to have the /var-filesystem structure in a imagefile and then
mount a MFS filesystem which initializes from this imagefile.

I have read about how to do the oposite in the man-page, that is keep a
imagefile in sync whith a MFS filesystem when the filesystem is unmounted,
so I thought it should be possibly to initialize from a imagefile too..

--
Patrik Sundberg  -  email: ps@raditex.se - PGP: finger ps@raditex.se
  ---> telefon: 08-636 59 39  -  mobiltelefon: 070-760 22 40 <---