Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:55:36 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: laptop warm reboot hangs (back again!)

Warner Losh wrote:

>  Guido van Rooij writes:
> : Mine just hangs straight. I have to remove the battery and power
> : in order to get it to reboot again.
> : I have a VAIO Z505SX
>
> Hmmmm.  Where does it hang?  Eg, during boot, on reboot, etc...

My Z505S hangs just after the OS halts, it looks like the bios
boot never gets started but it is hard to say for sure what
the bios is up to :-(

It has been this way since I first got the machine, FBSD 3.2 if
I remember correctly. I have a simple work around, I just don't
do warm boots, so I don't know if it has worked at any point since
then.

-stacy

--
You'll see it's all a show. Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited