Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:15:17 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Last Chance - Proposal to discontinue CTM distribution of FreeBSD-2.1

Sorry to hit so many lists, but I think that it is important to make sure that
everyone has a chance to complain before it is too late.

As far as I can see, the 2.1 branch is either dead, or so near it that I do not
think that the weekly delta generation for this branch is worth the effort.

If there are any additional changes to the branch, they will still be available
by CVSup or can be extracted from your local copy of the CVS tree which is
contained on the latest CD's.

Since I feel that most users who have not already upgraded to 2.2 are still
running 2.1 because, for their purpose, "it ain't broke", I doubt that they
are are really interested in updating 2.1.

Therefore, this is your final warning.
Unless I hear strong opposition, the ctm-src-2_1 list will be terminated
and the diskspace on the various mirrors will be released next week.

Therefore, if you object, speak up NOW.

Richard Wackerbarth
CTM-Meister