Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:49:55 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Todd Ross <brainlist@brainsick.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two quick questions (man pages and tcsh)

On 2002-04-20 08:41, Todd Ross wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have two (what I hope are) quick questions.
>
> 1) Why does tcsh store its config files in two places (/.cshrc and
> /etc/csh.cshrc).

I guess you mean /root/.cshrc and /.cshrc there.  What you noticed is
done because tcsh will try to read .tcshrc from "$HOME/.tcshrc" and
when you run your machine single-user HOME is not set.

> and the other is used for all of the other accounts in the system.
> I'm just wondering the reasoning behind it.  I'd guess it has
> something to do with when you boot into single user mode?

> 2) Why do some man pages have (4) or (2) after them?  For example ... usb(4).

Because they live under /usr/share/man/man4 instead of
/usr/share/man/man1 where ``section 1'' manual pages live.

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/