Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:51:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, angio@angio.net, perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with fstat?

> > > It doesn't 'discard', but should either deactivate or cache the page.
>
> Pages are usually pretty darned unused by the time they are on the
> inactive or cache queues.

But will this page be reused before another page that was less recently
accessed?

In other words, when push comes to shove, is a deactivated/cached
page reused before forcing a clean page backed by a file
without MADV_SEQUENTIAL?

Ie: what effect does MADV_SEQUENTIAL have on cache thrashing?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.