Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 23:46:33 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Irvine Short" <ishort@pcm.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IIJ-PPP and Linux

> Hi
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE and have found that the PPP included
> with it will connect to everything except one particular ISP's Linux
> box.
>
> I searched the mailing list archives but only found mention of a
> problem being fixed in -current in about March last year.
>
> Has anyone had any problems since then?

If you send me a copy of the logs, I'll see if I can figure out
what's going wrong.  Check out

  http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/userppp.html

for the obvious, there's also some suggested log levels there.

> I'll try dropping in the ppp from stable this afternoon and see what
> happens.

The -current one's better at the moment :-)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;