Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:44:15 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager and perl handling

--nextPart3831181.ra6JRsOnql

On Sunday 20 August 2006 19:31, Noah wrote:
> Okay I am looking at these files. =A0I am looking for something that
> automatically executes a 'use.perl port' after upgrading or reinstalling
> perl. =A0It is most probable that I will always want the latest perl port
> active.
>
> I cant figure out how to do that from the documentation and/or files you
> have sent to me.
>
> Cheers,
> Noah

I am not sure about this, but perhap you have to chmod the 'use.perl' progr=
am=20
to  0755 and then run "use.perl port" manually. In any case, You do have to=
=20
execute the 'perl-after-upgrade' program. Check the manual for further info=
=20
on that program.

Just out of curiosity, after running portmanger, and assuming it does claim=
 to=20
have upgraded perl, what is the out put of 'perl -V'?

Ciao!

=2D-=20
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

All life evolves by the differential survival of replicating entities.

	Dawkins