Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:57:24 -0800
From:      jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NTP boot at start on bbone black

On 10 January 2017 at 12:32, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Ntpd is most likely
> panicking and exiting because it's afraid to step the clock more than
> 1000 seconds, which is needed on systems that don't have a battery-
> backed clock and start up with a time far in the past.

AH! I should have remembered that. Thanks for the pointer.

I switched to Paul's recommendation as I only need a clock without much else.

Thanks Ian and Paul.

FWIW, I'm very impressed with packages being available for armv6. I
tried freebsd on raspberry pi or rpi2 about 2 1/2 years ago and there
weren't packages, or they were very old. Thanks all for building
packages and images so frequently!

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723