Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Dirk Kleinhesselink <dkleinh@phy.ucsf.edu>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-20000719-RC#2

The presumption here is that sysinstall is mounting the wrong disk. This has
nothing to do with preservation of old data.

On isaac.nas.nasa.gov, putting boot.flp on the *second* disk, I ran into the
'going nowhere w/o my init' problem as soon as I selected a terminal type.
NetBSD was installed on the first && third disks.

On ursula.nas.nasa.gov, I put boot.flp on the *first* disk, and did not run
into this problem. This seems to give a clue as to where the problem might
be.

All of this has been reported in email, fairly clearly.