Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:04:25 -0500
From:      Mike Taylor <mtaylor1@ev1.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Scripts

    I was wondering if there is a resource for pre made scripts. I am
still very new to the whole of Unix style OSs and being able to see
scripts from other users would help me out a lot.

    If you don't know of any resources for that, would it be feasible
for the FreeBSD team to set up a spot on the FTP server for people to
upload/submit pre built scripts? That way poeple can grab them and
change them to fit their specific needs rather than do the whole thing
from scratch.

    It would also help people like myself who are wanting to learn how
to do these things by having a chance to see working scripts and
figuring out how to change them around.

    Scripts that would be great to see would be for install, setup,
backup and conf.

    I think it might even help increase/broaden the use of FreeBSD by
giving people more resources efficiently run the OS.

Thank you for your time.

--
Mike Taylor
A+, Network+ Certified Technician