Date:      1 Jan 1999 07:58:56 +0900
From:      sada@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello.
I recommend the change of "www/squid11" port.

1) All users have to build the cache directory before using squid, so,
  do it automatically by the port.
  And how about the cache and log directory to be moved to /var/squid ?
2) And We all have to set `cache_effective_user nobody nogroup'
  everytime we use the port. Set this automatically, also.
3) It would be convinient by Dial-up users that skip startup-time's DNS test.
  Prepare $PREFIX/local/etc/squid/squid.option and RunCache would influence
  the file's contents.
4) Stop opning `squid.conf' by editor at install time.
  Users could do it after the installation only when they need.

The patch is placed at `http://WWW.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/~sada/squid11.diff.gz'.
I'd like to be waiting for your idea about them.
If you are too busy to respond, I'll commit the changes at 5 days later.
Thanks.