Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 15:00:03 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Tony Harverson <tony@hornet.netac.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Duck ?

Heya,

I've been getting an error message from a machine I suspect to be a
duck...

The following is the symptom.

1) refuses to boot from the boot manager (gives me back the boot
manager when I press f2 (second partition is FBSD)

2) decides for some unknown reason to boot FreeBSD.

3) at the boot prompt, either just reboots when options entered or :

4) gets down to amongst the disk checks and fsck's and does this :

Fatal Trap 1 : Priveledged Instuction Fault in kernel mode

the debugging messages differ after this, the process in question
being variously, fsck, swapper, init ! or 0.

(detailed debugging messages on request.

So... Is this thing a hardware duck, or is there a chance ?

system :

Ultra dx4 100, Intel Chip, Pentium PCI/ISA/VESA motherboard.
built in ide controller.
arb conner 540 hd
2.1.0 -Release.

Tony