Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 01:20:50 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 22825 for review

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 07:53:45AM +0000, Doug Rabson wrote:

> > Apparently everything is perceived to be normal from ACPI's point of
> > view, so there's nothing there...
>
> The type of interrupt should be stated in the MADT. Look at
> PLATFORM_INTERRUPT_SOURCE, fields Polarity and TriggerMode.

The platform interrupt source tells to which I/O APIC (and which
pin) special platform interrupts are connected. The only interrupt
sources that can be described are PMIs (or SMIs in ia32 slang),
INITs or CPEIs (Corrected Platform Error Interrupts). It is and
cannot be used for generic interrupts, so it will not have the
information we need for an UART interrupt source (the case I had
to hardcode).

I want to know if the default trigger mode and polarity for ACPI
defined devices is fixed or predefined...