Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 18:14:29 +0200
From:      Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpc.lockd: kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

Le 2001-05-29, Andrew Gallatin écrivait :

> In order for a bug report like this to be useful, you need to supply a
> backtrace from ddb or gdb.  See the Kernel Debugging section of the
> FreeBSD handbook for instructions on how to obtain such information.

ddb did not help much: after the two 'kernel trap 12 with interrupts
disabled' messages, the hot key does not work anymore.

Using gdb on rpc.lockd and some ddb single-stepping, I was able to
see that the freeze occurs somewhere during the first call to
callrpc().

I'll try a remote GDB session and see if it helps to at least find out
where precisely the error occurs. Or maybe I could add a call to panic()
when the faulty trap occurs, which would drop me into DDB?

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot ** Département Informatique & Réseaux ** quinot@inf.enst.fr
              ENST   //   46 rue Barrault   //   75634 PARIS CEDEX 13