Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:32:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alejandro Galindo Chairez AGALINDO  <agalindo@servidor.exsocom.com.mx>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   udp security

My name is Alejandro and i have some servers in Mexico with FreeBSD 2.2.5,
2.2.6 and 2.2.7 releases (from Walnut Creck CDROM)

One mounth ago my servers was been attacked from some hackers, i was
monitoring their activities and i only know that they are using the user
datagram protocolo, i installed a firewall but this cant stop their
activities, iam worried becouse last week they delete the log files from
/var/log and last day they access one of my server with a username and a
password (they created the username and password, they access the server
for 3 minutes and then they delete the user) IAM WORRIED becouse i dont
know how they did that, the server violated had the 2.2.5 version and i
upgrade it to 2.2.7 release, but this morning the hackers insist in access
my servers.

i need help, i need to know how to protect my servers, but the most
important in my mind is to know how they are accessing the servers, i
buyed the Firewalls book from Oreally & associates and i was using the
firewall with ipfw, but this dont stop the hackers.

thanks for your help

Alejandro Galindo