Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:27:00 -0600
From:      "Rick C. Petty" <rick@kiwi-computer.com>
To:        thepish@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Arla for 6.0-RELEASE

Hello.  Who is the maintainer of the net/arla port for FreeBSD??

I would like to work with him/her to get arla working for 6.0-RELEASE.
I've been working on this since the day arla-0.41 was released and I
*finally* have a set of patches against the port to make everything
compile.  Unfortunately my experience with VFS is low, particularly where
the changes to the VFS API/infrastructure (a la phk@freebsd.org's Dec 2004
thru Jan 2005 changes) are not reflected in the man pages.  I have doubts
with some of my patches and I would like some assistance getting this to
work.

My current patchset allows all of 0.41 to compile, the module to load and
unload properly, but the startarla script reports
"mount_nnpfs: mount: Operation not supported"
and unloading the module before killing arlad causes the kernel to panic
(page fault, I have a vmcore dump).

I'm currently investigating the mounting problem but any help would be
greatly appreciated!  Thank you,

-- Rick C. Petty
   Senior Engineer
   KIWI Computer